Who needs a customs broker Melbourne?
Any person, organisation, company or corporation that imports goods into Australia needs a customs broker to do customs clearance. This includes:
- Freight forwarders
- Event organisers
Why do you need a customs broker Melbourne?
Customs brokers make the process of importing goods simple and timely. They help you with the following:
- Process import documents quicker using electronic lodgement within 24 hours
- Apply tariff classifications, concessions and trade agreements to provide you the lowest legal duty and GST possible.
How do you find a reliable customs broker Melbourne?
There are many brokers in Melbourne. Finding an expert and seasoned customs broker to support your business needs can be a challenge. Here are some questions to consider when gauging if they best fit your needs:
- Are they government licensed?
- Do they specialise in the industry you are in?
- How many years have they been in the business?
- What are the rates they offer?
- Is it easy to contact them to get questions answered or advice sought?
Why choose Franklin for your Melbourne customs clearance?
Here at Franklin’s, we take pride in giving quick yet detailed customs clearance service.
Qualified and seasoned customs broker Melbourne
With over 30 years experience, our qualified customs brokers handle all types of clearances.
Located next to the Port of Melbourne
Our main office is located at Level 2 Riverside Quay, 1 Southbank Boulevard, Southbank Victoria 3006, Australia. This is just a short distance from the Port of Melbourne and Tullamarine Airport.
Get more savings through fast lodgement of entries
We help you avoid customs fines that may result from wrong declarations. This creates savings for your business in terms of time and money.
Prompt customs clearance services
We give your clearance of your goods the full attention they need to ensure correct procedures are quickly carried out. This ensures your goods will arrive at where you need and expect in a timely manner.
Open line of communication with a single point of contact
We keep an open communication with you through a dedicated point of contact for you. Call our expert Melbourne customs broker at 0408110900 and let us:
- Complete your customs paperwork to avoid clearance delays of your goods
- Correctly classify your goods to stop unwanted and additional costs and delays
- Provide sound advice on how you can reduce your duty and GST costs
Frequently Asked Questions
What form should I use prior to importing goods into Australia?
You’ll need to properly complete the Import Declaration form (Customs Form B650). This includes knowing the following:
- Shipper’s information
- Recipient’s information
- International air waybill number
- Country of manufacture
Accurate and detailed description of shipment contents, including (but not limited to):
- What the item is and the material it is made of
- What the HS code for the item is
- The item’s intended use
- The part or serial numbers ( as required)
- The item’s value per unit and in total
Do you need assistance in accurately completing this form? Speed-up customs clearance of your goods. Complete our online form, today.
Go to top of page
Are all import goods subjected to customs duties?
Goods with a total value below $1000, unless these are alcohol or tobacco products, are not subject to customs duty and taxes. Talk to our expert customs brokers for further clarification.
Go to top of page
I am importing goods that have a value of more than $1,000, how much do I need to pay?
Imported goods with a value of more than $1,000 are subject to 10% GST (Goods and Services Tax). However, customs duties will depend on the nature of your items.
Need help on how to properly calculate your Duty and GST payment? Call us, today.
Go to top of page